Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Hill and Holler Dirt Dash for the United Way

The Dirt Dash is the first trail race to come to the Lewisburg area.  Since I am not running right now, I decided to be the race photographer.  I wasn't to upset about not running, since trail running generally isn't my first choice anyway.  Plus, it was cold and rainy.  However, as I stood out there taking photos of happy smiling runners, I felt a longing for the adrenaline rush that comes with running in a race.  I felt a longing for the feeling of running hard, the feeling of competition, and the feeling of accomplishment that comes with completing a race.  I didn't get to actually feel those feelings yesterday, but I am glad that I got to take part in the day and document the event for the people who did participate in the race.

And I must say, many thanks to the three Boy Scouts who took turns holding a giant umbrella over my camera so that it wouldn't get damaged in the rain!  I would have gotten far fewer photos, and they would have been of compromised quality, if I had had to hold the umbrella myself!


Pre-Race





Race Start








In the Woods











Kids Fun Run






Post-Race


First Place, First Prize

Finished a rainy trail race and still smiling!

GES faculty, parents, and students who participated in race day as 
racers, volunteers, and trail-builders.


No comments:

Post a Comment