Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, January 15, 2017

January race week!

72 miles down so far for 2017, and my first race of the year in the books!

This week : 
T : group run 6.2 / 8:09 / 420 ft
W : 2.3 / 6:29 / 121 ft
R : 4.6 / 7:23 / 295 ft
Sa : warm up 1 / 7:47 / 75 ft
Race 13.1 / 7:31 / 1516 ft
Su : shakeout with Ben 3.1 / 7:50 / 128 ft
total miles : 30.3

Tuesday I ran with the early group.  I didn't feel like waiting til dark to run when I could run in the daylight, and also I knew they would be slower than the group I run with at 6 and I was trying to take it easy leading up to the race.  

Wednesday I got home late from work after faculty meeting, but it was still about 60 degrees out, and I was itching to run.  I only had a little bit of time to squeeze in a run before a friend came over for dinner, so I gave in to the itch and ran short and fast.  Flying is fun!  

Thursday I ran from school because I stayed to watch the middle school basketball game at 6.  Had to run along the main road cause the neighborhood right next to the school wasn't big enough for a decent run.  I had sidewalk for the first mile, then had a big enough shoulder for the second mile.  I did two miles out and back, and then ran the hill in the neighborhood next to the school.  


Today's shakeout hurt with all my sore muscles and the hip pain, but I think it did help in the end.  Hence why it's called a shakeout...  I'm off work tomorrow so I'm going to want to run...but I will attempt not to as I'm sure I need a rest day.  No promises though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment