Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Friday, June 17, 2011

Light Lunch

After 5 hours spent cleaning the apartment...I wanted something tasty and quick for lunch.  It was already 1:00, and I didn't want to spend a lot of time preparing, I just wanted to eat!  This is what I came up with.



The Salad
50/50 blend of spring mix and baby spinach
1 small carrot, chopped
1 large radish, chopped
some sprouts
1/2 avocado, diced
1 slice tomato, chopped
homemade salad dressing



The Dressing (olive oil/mustard base)
find a clean jar (I used a pumpkin-butter jar, any jam or pasta sauce jar would probably work)
squeeze some mustard into the jar
add some honey (I had some straws of honey someone gave me, I used 3 of them)
add a spoonful of chopped garlic
add salt and herbs to taste (I used oregano, tarragon, mustard powder, onion powder, garlic powder, italian seasoning, chili powder)
fill jar about half way with olive oil.  stir really well with a fork
shake the jar really well before using after it has been sitting for awhile



The Sandwich (Salmon roll)
1 whole wheat tortilla
chive & onion cream cheese
salmon
 spread a thin layer of cream cheese over about half of the tortilla.  layer slices of salmon on top.  roll it up.




Tortilla Chips
a staple on every lunch plate...

No comments:

Post a Comment