Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pesto, Pesto, and more Pesto!



I bought a pound of basil from a friend's farm this morning.  I wasn't quite sure what I would do with a whole pound of basil, but I was happy to help them out and I knew I could find something to do with it.  It baked in the car for a bit while I was visiting my horse, and it made my car smell fabulous.  Then I finally brought it home and decided to make some pesto.  I made 3 batches...and there is still basil left.

3 jars of pesto

still enough basil left for a 4th jar...

I used my little food processor for each batch.  It worked like a champ, but it was getting a little tired by the end...I could smell the motor getting burned out. 





These pestos are great for pasta dishes or as a dip with crackers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment