Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Six runs and a craft project

I ran SIX times this week.  That is a first since...sometime long before I took the whole summer off.  Those six runs occurred on 5 days, not six, and it's not the first time I've run 5 days, but I've been averaging only 3 days a week for awhile, and feeling like I need to get back to a consistent 5 or 6, so I'm happy with it..  It's been hard to get back into the running routine.  Not because I don't like running, but just because it's not routine anymore.  Running used to be that thing I did as soon as I finished work everyday.  And now it's not.  Sometimes I work later because I don't feel like I need to run.  Sometimes I get home and decide I would rather cook dinner or just be lazy.  Running used to always be more important to me than staying late at work or than cooking dinner.

I don't see it as a bad thing that I am no longer obsessed with running every day.  But I also don't want to be exercising only 3 times a week.  I am trying to find the balance between running frequently and not letting it become as obsessive as it used to be.

Last night's run was a last minute decision.  I felt the need to get off the couch and clear my head, and I had no good reason not to run, so I did it.  It was a nice way to see everybody's Christmas lights.

I thought about taking today off, but decided to run with a friend instead.  I might take tomorrow off...I have a feeling that 3 runs in 24 hours will leave me needing some recovery time.


This week:
T: 4.3
R: 5.6
F: 4.5
Sa : 4.5, 4.5
Su : 3.3 w/DD
total : 26.8 miles


In other news, I spent most of Saturday doing craft projects, which was fun.  I don't do that too often anymore.  I was browsing the craft section at Walmart early in the morning, and discovered "melty beads."  I rather un-original name for their knock-off  Perler Beads.  Perler beads were a fun craft from my childhood so I decided to buy the "melty beads" and have some fun.  I made some things for my faculty secret santa gift exchange, and I made some ornaments for my tree.  

I made a few snowflakes, and of course some runner-girls...
Because I can't make ornaments and not have them be running-themed.


No comments:

Post a Comment