Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, February 1, 2015

an unfortunately lazy week

...because I have been coughing up a lung.

I took Monday off because there was no running water and I didn't want to run if I couldn't shower.  Tuesday I ran 6.1 miles and enjoyed a luxurious shower after 72 hours of filth.  I know it's a first world problem, but I hope I never have to go that long without washing my hair again.  Clearly I will not be going on any camping trips anytime soon.  Or possibly ever.  I ended up taking off the rest of the week because my cough got too bad to ignore.  I was coughing so hard it was making me gag.  Not much fun.  Really hard to sleep at night with that kind of a cough.  Lucky me I had a previously-scheduled doctor's appt on Thursday.  The doctor recommended Delsym cough syrup, so that's what I went with.  It seemed to make me cough even more violently at first, but once that wore off I coughed less, so I guess it worked somehow.  I decided that running in freezing air was probably not the best idea for my lungs while I have this cough, so I haven't run since Tuesday.  Last night I finally slept through the night without being disturbed by coughing fits, which was really nice.  I was so tempted to run today, but decided to give it one more day.  I will probably run tomorrow, before I go completely stir-crazy.

I was on the fence about the Blacksburg 10 miler for this year, but I found a friend to go with me, so I signed up a few days ago.  I am looking forward to it, I miss racing!  I just hope I am able to get some training in during the next 2 weeks.



I didn't get to run today, but at least I was able to venture out for a bit of fresh air.  



what a burr-filled mess!

hello there!

No comments:

Post a Comment