Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Christmas Vacation Week 2

I'm sending off 2017 with a bang!  After staying healthy all month, I let myself jump the gun by a week on marathon training, because I felt good and I wanted to take advantage of it!  And see how many more miles I could squeeze into this highest-mileage-ever year!

This week : 
M : run w/Coby 3.1 / 7:51 / 174 ft
T : run 7 / 8:02 / 620 ft
W : circuit training 36:00
R : run 13.2 / 8:35 / 876 ft
F : TRX 20:00
Sa : run w/Jaime 10 / 7:35 / 505 ft
Su : run 7 / 7:23 / 518 ft
total miles : 40.3

Thursday was absolutely frigid ("20 feels like 10") but I had planned for a long run, so a long run is what I dragged myself out the door to do, wearing many layers of fleece and wool.  It was hard to get moving under all those layers so I really didn't even try to pick up the pace, I just let myself slog along.  It's gotta be better for my body to take the longer runs slow anyway, especially after taking it easy for a month.  

On Saturday I really enjoyed finally getting to run with Jaime!  It's hard to work our schedules out since she normally trains while her kids are in school and I'm teaching at that school so... but we finally found a time that worked for both of us, and had a great run.  It's rare that I get to run with a female my speed!  We're hoping to work out some more weekend runs, as I marathon train and she trains for the marathon portion of an Ironman.  

I had more than my 30 miles for the week after Thursday's run, but I was still feeling really good and of course wanted to squeeze a few more miles into the year so out I went today to bring my week up to 40 and my year up to...1584.9... If only I had known, I would have gone that extra 0.1!  But of course it doesn't really matter.   And there are bits and pieces of cool downs that didn't get recorded so of course I ran that 1585+ this year anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment