Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, November 6, 2011

2 meals

Friday night: Roasted Sweet Potatos, Shrimp, Baby Broccoli
      I had 3 sweet potatos lying around that needed to be cooked before I completely forgot about them and they rotted...cause yes, that has happened before.  Twice.
    I peeled them and cut them into bite-sized chunks, then threw the chunks into a large ziploc bag with garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, rosemary, and olive oil.  I sealed the bag, shook it up until all the potato pieces were coated, and then took them out and spread them on a baking sheet.  Into the oven for 20 min at 450.  Check them about half way through and move them around the pan to make sure they aren't sticking. 
   
   

Saturday night: Tuna-Pear Pizza, Baby Broccoli
     Tuna-Pear was definitely not the original plan.  It just turned out to be all I had...other than cheese.  I thought I had some beef chunks in a container of tomato sauce.  I was going to make beef-broccoli pizza.  But it turned out that the only things in that container were tomato sauce and mold.  Guess I finished the beef already... So, tuna was the closest thing to meat that I had.  And there was a pear in my fruit drawer that has been there for...awhile...and I was never going to eat it.  So I chopped it up and put it on the pizza, with the tuna, and a very thin layer of ranch and mustard (instead of sauce).  Topped it with cheese, into the 450 degree oven for 15 minutes.  It was edible.  I doubt I'll ever do it again.  Next time I won't procrastinate the grocery shopping so long. 

  
As far as pizza experiments go, this one was much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment