Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Baked Chicken & Stuffing

There is never enough stuffing at Thanksgiving Dinner.  There never will be, as long as it continues to be everybody's favorite food.  I had just enough on Thanksgiving to remind me of how long it's been since the last time I ate stuffing, and of how delicious it is.  So of course I came home wanting more.  So, earlier this week, I decided to try making some.  Of course, it can't quite compare to Thanksgiving stuffing that's been cooked in the turkey, but it's not too bad. 


Chicken/Stuffing, Green Beans/Leeks, Mashed Potatos

Ingredients
 1/2 loaf whole wheat bread
 1 tbsp butter
 1 egg, beaten
 1 12 oz can of chicken broth
 herbs/seasoning

Preheat oven to 350.
I took the bread out of the fridge and laid it out to air dry.  I think it ended up sitting there for a day or two before I had time to actually make the stuffing.  I broke the hard bread up into bite sized chunks and threw them in a large bowl.  Then, in a seperate boil, I beat together the other ingredients.  I poured that over the bread crumbs, mixed it up, let it sit and soak for a bit, mixed it up some more, repeat, repeat repeat, until all the bread is moist.  Then, I smashed the bread down into a baking dish.  On top of the stuffing, I laid b/s chicken breast which I had cut into very thin slices, slathered with ranch, and dusted with cornmeal. 
Bake for 45-60 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment