Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes with Mint Icing


The Cupcakes
2 1/8 c flour
2 c sugar
3/4 c cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 c Guinness
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 tbsp vanilla

Put cupcake wrappers into the cupcake pan, pour the batter into each cup about 3/4 full.

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes

The Icing
Big handful of mint leaves
c 1/2 c plain yogurt
confectioners sugar
c 1/4 c heavy cream

Put the mint in a food process and chop well.  Add the yogurt, mix it up.  Add confectioner's sugar to taste.  If your icing is too thin, add heavy cream and whisk until it thickens.





The inspiration behind using mint for the icing today:
This plant is taking over my windowsill.  And I thought I'd have trouble keeping it alive...I do wish it would put more effort into growing big leaves and less effort into growing long stems...I found a stem that was about 3 ft long the other day.  I keep breaking off the really long ones but it doesn't seem to deter the plant from continuing to reach out.





No comments:

Post a Comment