Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Another race week

This week:
M: 4.7 / 31:07 /6:37
W: 10.1 / 1:13:16 / 7:15
Sa: 13.1 / 1:32:49 / 7:05
Su: 3.69 / 28:48 / 7:48
total : 31.59

Monday I started out on my run and felt good, so I kept picking up the pace.  Was shocked when I got home and found out exactly how fast I went.  I knew I had been flying, but an avg 6:37 pace has got to be my fastest training run ever. 
Tuesday I was super busy, left home at 7:25 in the morning and didn't return until 7:45 that night.  I briefly contemplated running instead of eating dinner, but my stomach had been growling since 5 and I didn't want to pass out in the dark 2 miles from home, so I skipped the run.  
Wednesday I planned to run about 5.5 miles, thinking I might add a mile or two if I felt good.  Well, I added a mile, still felt good, added another, and just kept on going.  Never looked at my watch til I got home.  Figured I had gotten 8.5 or 9.  Was pleased to see that I got over 10 miles!  It felt really good, and the pace was great too.  
Thursday was another busy day, got home after school and had just enough time to whip up a batch of cookies and get back to school for our annual Italian Night.  If I hadn't run 10 miles on Wednesday, I probably would have tried to run either before school or after the dinner, but since I had such a great run on Wednesday, I just took Thursday and Friday off.  
Saturday was the Run United Half Marathon in my town, which I was on the planning committee, and won.  (No, it wasn't rigged, it was just a small race that didn't attract any big-shots.)
Today I was a bit stiff, and wanted to go for a jog to loosen up a bit.  


In other news, I have been getting photos of some absolutely stunning sunrises from outside my classroom. 




Driving home from Italian Night on Thursday, 
I had to pull over and snap a few photos of the stunning sunset.



And in more photography-related news, I took some photos for friends today, and we could not have asked for a more perfect day.  The sun was shining, the sky was blue with puffy white clouds, and the leaves were pretty colors.




I am absolutely loving this photography hobby of mine, and hoping to start growing it into something slightly more than a hobby.  I'm just taking photos for friends so far, but will happily start taking photos for others if I get asked to!


No comments:

Post a Comment