Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter!

I ran six days instead of 5 this week...because today was supposed to be a day off but I can't properly celebrate a holiday without a run!  (or that is the excuse I am using, anyway)

miles this week:
M : 6.4 (road/trail)
T :  6.2
R : 6 (road/trail)
F : 4.4 / 2.5
Sa : 7
Su : 4.5
total miles : 37.3

Monday's and Thursday's runs were with the dogs I was taking care of, as was Friday's 2.5 miler.  Friday's was my last run with them.  I had a good time house/dog sitting for a week, and even though that bed was possibly the most comfortable one I have ever slept in, it felt good to get back to my own bed on Friday night.  The weather was sunny and gorgeous yesterday and today, but not nearly as warm out as it looked.  Only about 46 degrees for my runs both days, and really strong wind on Saturday.  

It is my goal to take it easy on training mileage for the next month or so, and not set any kind of minimum miles for myself, because I have a race every weekend for the next FOUR WEEKENDS!  What was I thinking?! (other than that I am addicted to racing...) Hopefully I will have successful races and stay injury free.  


Since faculty meeting was cancelled on Wednesday, and I had already planned not to run, I took advantage of finally having some free time on a nice-weather day and took Franka out to the barn to visit Pony.  She has been asking me to take her for awhile not and I just hadn't been able to make it happen.  

We were talking about horses as I was getting ready to leave school and 
she said  : "Some horses are white, some are brown, some are black, and some are pink."
I said : "There's no such thing as pink horses!"
she said : "I used to have a pink horse, but a tiger ate it."
She has been killing off a lot of things with tigers lately...




No comments:

Post a Comment