Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Creamy Basil Zucchini Salad

An actual food post!  I know...it's been a very long time.  I just haven't been adventuring in the kitchen lately.  What I have been doing lately though, is craving cole slaw with my sandwich at lunch.  But I keep forgetting to buy cabbage.  I really wanted some kind of creamy cold salad with my lunch today, so I came up with this idea.  It was quite satisfying.



1 carrot, coarsely grated
3 inches of a medium zucchini, chopped small
1/2 avocado, chopped small
1 handful fresh basil, finely chopped
1 tbsp mustard (I used Jack Daniels Mustard)
1 spoonful mayonnaise
garlic powder (to taste)

Mix everything together and enjoy next to the sandwich of your choice. 
This recipe makes approximately 2 servings.





No comments:

Post a Comment