Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Dirt Dash for the United Way 2016

I've been running the Dirt Dash course with my friend Morgan for the last three weeks.  I had been on the fence about whether or not to race it, and then the race committee asked if I would be the photographer again.  I was the photographer for this race last fall because I wasn't in race shape at that point.  I decided that being race photographer was much safer for my ankle than trail racing, so I agreed to do it.  This week, we ran the course harder than we have been, in preparation for the race.  I didn't quite run it at race pace, but I did push it pretty hard, except for the two messier downhill sections, because they terrify me with all their ankle-breaking rocks and roots.  I ended up finishing the course in 42:12.  The overall winning time this year was 38:??.  But I'm pretty sure my time would have gotten me top 3.

It was an absolutely gorgeous morning in the forest, and I enjoyed getting to photograph the racers.  Much more fun that last fall when it was raining!















No comments:

Post a Comment