Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Worked many long hours on my feet but still found time to exercise

My new summer job at the brewing company is going well.  I am very unused to spending all day standing, but my feet and legs are adjusting, and my back stopped hurting when we raised my canning-day table about 6 inches.  I spent 1.5 days cleaning kegs (which is a great workout for my arms and back, hooray!) and 2 days putting plastic rings on 6 packs of cans.  The work is mindless and repetitive, but I am finding it really nice to have a stress-free job that doesn't require much thinking.  It is a nice break.

This week : 
M : morning jog 4.4 / 8:41 / 325 ft
Pub Run 4 / 7:20 / 151 ft
T : run 3.1 / 8:01 / 171 ft
R : bike w/Stu 22.8 / 16.4 mph / 1640 ft
F : long run 10.2 / 8:24 / 781 ft
Sa : warm up 1.1 / 7:14 / 0 ft
race 5 / 6:38 / 125 ft
bike w/ Dan 21 / 17.3 mph / 1516 ft
Su : horseback ride 50 min

total run miles : 27.8
total bike miles : 43.7

Monday I ran before work, spent 8 hours working on my feet, and then ran again.  Tuesday I spent another 5 hours on my feet, and then tried to run.  My body said heck no.  So I cut the run short instead of torturing my legs and feet any further.  I can be nice to my body sometimes... And then I even took Wednesday off to let it rest up.  Also I worked another 7 or 8 hours on my feet Wednesday...

I had Friday off from work so I took advantage of the chance to get one more long run in before my next half marathon.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day out and I enjoyed the run immensely.  Even if it was a bit slow...it was my first long run in the heat, so I'm not complaining too much about the pace.  


No comments:

Post a Comment