Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Friday, May 12, 2017

Meal Prep 5/8 - 5/12

Last weekend, I made my lunches AND dinners for the week.  And it made my week so easy! I am already used to grabbing my ready-made lunch in the morning, but having dinner also ready made my evenings so much smoother and allowed me to eat earlier than 8 every night!  Bliss.

lunch
black beans
crock pot pulled pork
sauteed carrots

Black beans simmered in water until soft, then sauteed in bacon grease with garlic powder, onion, and mushrooms.
Small pork tenderloin placed in the crockpot, sprinkled with garlic powder, top covered in some barbecue sauce, and then enough chicken broth added to cover the bottom of the pot and about halfway up the tenderloin.  Cooked on low until done and then shredded with forks. 
Carrots sauteed in olive oil and garlic powder.  

I also added snacks this week, since I needed to gain a bit of weight back that I lost from my increased mileage and workouts.  I brought cashews and triscuits to work and munched a bit whenever I got hungry.  

dinner
angel hair pasta
broccoli-cauliflower pesto
veggies (not pictured)

My basil plant desperately needed to be trimmed back, so I cut off many of the leaves to make some pesto.  First, I dumped a bag each of frozen broccoli and frozen cauliflower into a pot and steamed them til almost done, then sauteed them the rest of the way.  I then put them in a blender with olive oil, garlic powder, and the fresh basil, and pureed it.  Finally, I tossed the pesto with some angel hair pasta.  Deliciousness.  I supplemented with fresh veggies on top each night, and sometimes a pouch of salmon for some protein.  

grab & go meals ready in the fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment