Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Training Tuesday : Update




I submitted my registration for Boston on Friday!  And now I just wait to hear if I got in or not. I had a buffer of just over 5 minutes for the qualifying time so hopefully...

I've been slowly trying to get my mileage up, after a rough time returning to consistent running after the Pittsburgh Marathon in May and a very busy summer!  I finally made it to 10 mile runs a few weeks ago, and then backed back off to 8-9.  Two weeks ago I had a total of about 34 miles for the week which was much higher than I had been doing (usually 20-25).  I also re-started my after school fitness class last week, so my legs were beat by the end of the week!  I kept the weekly mileage under 30 since my legs were beat, but hope to reach 30 again this week, as well as getting my long run back to 10 miles. 

I made the decision not to run the Bluegrass 1/2 at the end of September this year.  I think it will be better for me to continue training until the Haunted 1/2 at the end of October and not tire my body out with a race so soon.  I remind myself that Boston is the goal and I can't be hurting myself just when I am picking my training back up!


For the last two Saturdays, I was lucky enough to be able to do my longer run for the week with my 9 year old step-daughter!  We bought bikes for the girls earlier this summer, and she has been zooming around the neighborhood so we decided it was time to take her on the Creeper Trail.  Two Saturdays ago, we went out and back from Watauga for a total of 9.2 miles.  It was getting tough for her by the end, but she did awesome and was excited to do it again.  So this Saturday, we did a point to point from Abingdon to Alvarado for 8.6 miles.  This time, we only made 2 brief stops for water, and our overall pace was just under 8 min/mile, compared to above 9 min/mile the first time.  I was super proud of her for doing so well, and love having her with me on my run!  She will be getting stronger as my long run distance increases, so the only thing standing in the way of having her on my run each weekend will be the cold weather!  We'll be working on outfits to keep her toasty warm...



No comments:

Post a Comment