Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Monday, October 15, 2018

Meal Prep : 10/15/18




I was not impressed with any of the meat prices this week, so I ended up with a package of 10 for $10 boneless pork chops.  Not the best deal, but not the worst either.  I had already decided on sweet potatoes for the carb, and then I picked up a 2 lb bag of fresh broccoli and 2 bags of frozen cauliflower. 

I chopped up the pork and put it in a large skillet, covered, on medium heat.  I removed the lid occasionally to stir.  When most of the pink was gone, I removed the lid and added seasonings : garlic powder, ginger powder, mustard powder, a dash of pink salt, and some soy sauce.  After a few more minutes of cooking, there was still a lot of liquid in the pan from the meat, so I mixed 1 tsp of corn starch with about 1/2 c chicken broth, and added that to the pan.  I let it cook til the liquid thickened into a light gravy. 

The sweet potatoes were chopped and cooked in a bit of olive oil with some garlic powder and salt. 

The broccoli was steamed in a bit of water, and then seasoned with garlic powder. The cauliflower was sauteed with a bit of olive oil and then seasoned with...garlic powder of course.

Everything was divided equally between 10 lunches. 
Total time spent on this meal was 1 hour, with my husband and I working together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment