Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, September 4, 2011

"oh duh" moment of the day (and some food)

It's 10:15 PM.  I started cleaning my apartment at 9:15 this morning.  I'm not done yet.  But I'm at that "almost done" point where I'm so burned out I really don't feel like getting the last bits of junk off my floor from all the rearranging I've done.  And I wonder how much my neighbors would appreciate me running the vacuum right now...maybe I'll wait til morning to finish. 

Of course, I've taken a few breaks.  I had lunch around 2:15.  I went for a run at 7:30, then had dinner, ...and then baked some cookies.  Because I had 2 overripe bananas that really needed to be turned into something.  I was going to make breakfast muffins...or a cake...but I've done those before, and I wanted something new. 

But before I forget...the "oh duh" moment of the day.  My toaster has been slowly accumulating a collection of crumbs for a long time.  I have never gotten around to removing them.  Today, I decided it was time.  I was moving the toaster to a new location, so while I was carrying it, I figured I would dump out the crumbs.  The only way to do that is to pick up the toaster and tilt it over a trash can, right?  Being the bright person that I am, that's what I did.  And out slid a very thin metal tray, with all the crumbs.  Wait, there was a tray in the bottom?  All I had to do was slide out the tray, and voila!  crumbs come out easily.  How was I not aware of this tray's existence?  Well...next time I want to clean my toaster...it will be so much simpler.  Lesson learned. 

Kitchen Experiment del Día : Banana Cookies

1 stick butter
2 over-ripe bananas
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
scant 1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c wheat flour
1 spoonful crunchy PB
2+ c flour
1/4 c quick oats

Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes

And on the first batch...I melted some chocolate and spread it on top of the cookies after they came out of the oven


And here's a picture of my dinner, because it was oh-so-delicious.
Perfectly pan-fried sweet potatos and leeks (2 of my favorite-est foods) and leftover Chicken-Fried Steak


Aaaaand a picture of my new canisters.  Because I finally decided it was time to get some new ones with better seals.  And then of course I had to label them just for fun... another cleaning break.



No comments:

Post a Comment