Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Friday, December 21, 2012

Pumpkin-Cheesecake Truffles




Step 1: Make a pumpkin cheesecake.  (This time I omitted the chocolate chips and the crust.)


Step 2: Melt some dark chocolate.  I believe I used 80% cocoa.  



Step 3: Use a melon-baller to scoop out chunks of cheesecake, then use your fingers to roll them into balls.  Drop the balls into the melted chocolate and use a fork to turn them and coat them.  Place them on tin foil or wax paper to harden in the fridge.  




I also made some with milk chocolate, but I had a very hard time getting the coating to work.  The milk chocolate I had didn't melt like the dark chocolate did.  I ended up adding heavy cream to it in an attempt to make it more liquid.  The final result was rather lumpy, but it worked. 


I brought the truffles to the Christmas staff party for my school.  The dark chocolate ones were definitely the favorite.  The hard/bitter outside was a great complement to the soft/sweet inside.  




No comments:

Post a Comment