Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pumpkin Lasagna


I made pumpkin ravioli with a friend a few nights ago and had a lot of ricotta left over.  I don't normally buy ricotta, and couldn't think of anything to do with it other than lasagna.  The pumpkin ravioli were pretty good so I decided to try a pumpkin lasagna.  I think it is my new favorite lasagna. 

Pumpkin Lasagna


c. 14 oz ricotta cheese
c. 3/4 c pumpkin
3/4 c water
15 oz alfedo sauce
9 oven-ready lasagna noodles
1 egg
2 handfuls shredded colby-jack cheese
sage
basil
fresh spinach

Combine the pumpkin, ricotta, egg, sage, and basil in one container.  Combine the water, alfredo, and cheese in a second container.  

Pour a thin layer of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a glass baking dish.  Lay down 3 lasagna noodles.  Cover them with another thin layer of sauce, then cover them with spinach.  Spread some of the pumpkin mixture on top of the spinach.  Lay down 3 more noodles.  Cover with sauce, spinach, and pumpkin.  Lay down the remaining 3 noodles, and cover with sauce.  Cover with a double layer of foil and bake at 375 for 1 hour. 

Eat. Enjoy.
(I enjoyed mine with a pork-chop that I 
sprinkled with onion, garlic, and sage powders and cooked in bacon grease.)



I'm not a huge ricotta cheese or lasagna fan but this one was really, really, yummy.  
Culinary success.


No comments:

Post a Comment