Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, January 4, 2015

6 days in a row, plus 60 degrees and a bike ride!

The best part of a running slump is when you get a break from it, or when you break out of it entirely.  (too soon to tell which).  I took Monday off this week because Holly and I went to Roanoke, but I ran every single other day of the week.  Three of those runs were at 7:26 pace, which meant I was actually running/enjoying the run, instead of just dragging myself around.  Even better, four of the runs were longer than 5 miles, and two of them were longer than 6 miles.  It's been almost a month since the last time I had a run longer than 5.5 miles.  And the last time I ran 6 days in a row was in September 2013! (Yes, I am obsessed with numbers)  I am so happy that my last day of Christmas vacation involved so many successful runs.

Today it was 60 degrees out, so I had to take the opportunity to cross train, since it doesn't happen too often.  The ride started out feeling really good, but then the wind picked up and it got not-so-fun.  The last 2 miles or so of the ride were brutal, it took every ounce of strength I had not to get pushed backwards.  Good workout, I suppose.  I cut my ride short and ended it around 15 miles, then went for a 3 mile run.  Would have run further, but my legs were dead after the ride.

This week's runs:
T : 6.1
W : 0.9, 5 
(forgot my inhaler the first time, had to circle around and start over)
R: 4.5
F:  6.3
Sa : 5.3
Su : 3.1
total : 31.2 miles

15.3 mile bike ride


No comments:

Post a Comment