Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Monday, January 26, 2015

A great week of 6+ mile runs...and then our water got shut off

I was really proud of myself for sticking to my 6 mile minimum all week!  I hope that I am able to make this a habit.  I know that there will be days when I just don't have time for 6, and I need to be able to run shorter on those days rather than not run at all, but I don't want to skimp on the runs without a valid time constraint.  Saturday's run was rough, a friend and I went to the Greenbrier to run, thinking it would be easy.  There is a road running through the property that is almost 3 miles one way, gently rolling.  We figured since it was flat compared to Lewisburg, it would be easy.  We ended up really struggling to maintain a decent pace.  I don't know if it was the wind (which was brutal at times) or the fact that we were each worn out from previous workouts, or if we just hadn't fueled properly, but we did so bad compared to what we expected, we now need to go do it again and redeem ourselves.

I took Sunday off because my body was clearly tired and begging me to take a break. I was thinking about trying that run again today, but then this happened.  No one is supposed to have running water right now, and we don't really know when we will get it back.  My water just happens to still be running, but it is only a matter of time before the pipes are empty, so I can't rely on it for anything like the shower I desperate need.  Look like I will be taking a couple of days off, because if I need a shower without running, I will definitely need a shower after running.  Maybe this water-enforced time off will let the bruise on top of my foot finally heal... There was a wrinkle in the tongue of my shoe during one run 2 weeks ago, and I am having a lot of trouble getting the bruise to heal!  I get these bruises every now and then, they are super annoying!

Jan 19-25
M : 6.6
T :  6.8
R : 6.2
F : 6
Sa : 6.3 w/DD
total : 31.9 miles


On Wednesday, it was 50+ degrees and I needed a day off from running, so I went out to the barn to visit Pony and play with my camera. 

On Friday night, I needed something to do with my hand while I watched Netflix, so I finally got around to snazzing up the camera strap on my second camera.  I'd been meaning to get to it for awhile, and I'm glad I finally did!  Now both of my cameras have pretty straps!
The perfect use for some of my ribbon.  I still have a LOT of ribbon, I'm going to need to come up with some more projects to use it up.  It's been sitting in a drawer for years...

Oh, and schools are closed because of the whole water-crisis thing...so I find myself with a lot of time on my hands today. Suddenly everything I want to do involves a need for water...

No comments:

Post a Comment