Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Another high mileage week with an adventure in VA

This week :
M : bike 24.2 w/Dan & Denver
T : jog 3.5
W : bike 35
R : jog 3.8
F : 57.2
Sa : run 4.5
Su : bike 32.1

bike miles : 148.6 / 15,141 ft of climbing
run miles : 11.8

Running

Running was better this week.  I kept to a flatter route and kept the mileage lower as well, (also lowered my goal to 10 miles for the week) and my foot felt a lot better.  I've also been careful to only wear good shoes/sandals, and to put my orthotics in my riding boots when I go out to the barn.  I'm sure that has helped as well.  Tuesday and Thursday were both early morning jogs before work.  Thursday breathing was even harder than normal, but it didn't occur to me until after I finished that I had most likely forgotten to use my inhaler.  Saturday I went in the heat of the afternoon and jogged 2.5, ran 1.5, and cooled down 0.5.  


Biking

I found out Thursday evening that I didn't have to work on Friday, so I decided I had better plan a ride out of town since I may not get many more chances this season.  I decided to head to VA this time, and parked at the Swinging Bridge Restaurant.  I then rode a wonderful long loop on gorgeous one and two lane country roads.  The ride started out with a 5.5 mile climb to the top of Potts Mountain on 311 S.  Then the descent down the other side, where a baby bear loped across the road in front of me just close enough that I wondered if mama bear would come lunging out of the woods on top of me.  But, there was no sign of mama bear so I continued my ride without mishap.  Physically, I still felt pretty good by the end of the ride.  Good enough to keep going.  But mentally, I was done after about 50 miles.  I really just wanted the ride to end so I could get off the bike and go do something else with my day.  That was a long ride to do alone.  
\
view from the top of Potts Mountain

 gorgeous country lane

showing some SBC pride on my ride through VA


such a perfect, gorgeous, day

After my ride I was able to change into clean clothes and eat a delicious lunch at the Swinging Bridge Restaurant before returning home. 

some light reading on the table while I waited for my food

an awesome chicken salad sandwich with lettuce, tomato, bacon, and cranberry sauce
fries and cole slaw on the side

I started my ride at 6:30 this morning because I had various things planned later in the day and also needed time to ride the bike and my horse.  It was absolutely gorgeous out this morning, though also about 50 degrees, so I was rather cold.  The sunrise was colorful, the light was golden, and the rising fog was pretty.  I'm going to have to go out at the same time some morning soon with my camera instead of my bike.






No comments:

Post a Comment