Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Monsoon Week

So much rain.  I miss exercising outside every day.  Thankfully I made it outside twice this week, but the second time it was rather cold for biking and I did get rained on for the last two miles.  Slightly miserable.  Other than the cold and wet, it was an awesome ride though!

This Week :

M : trainer intervals 35 min/8.9 miles (5x 2 min hard, 3 min easy)
T : trainer easy 45 min/10.3 miles
W : 21.1 miles w/Stu, 16.9 mph, sprinted climbs
F : trainer speed 45 min/12.5 miles (16+ mph except for short warm up and cooldown)
Sa : 19.7 miles, 19.1 mph (3x Houfnagle Rd South sprints)

total miles : 72.8

Wednesday's ride with Stu was great.  We lucked out with a sunny and gorgeous day in the middle of all the rain we've been getting.  We had a good time racing the Strava segments, and I got some nice PRs on two of them.  My lungs struggled a lot, and it got harder to catch my breath after each sprint, but I managed ok.  My follow-up appointment with the pulmonologist is a month from tomorrow.  I feel like my asthma has been getting worse instead of better.  I might call and try to move the appointment up.  

On Saturday, I didn't want to venture out to far since the radar wasn't very promising looking, so I did three laps around Old Powell/Houfnagle (roughly 6.7 miles around).  Houfnagle is flat/lightly rolling, so it's as good a place as any around here to practice sprinting.  Plus, the wind was at my back on that road in the direction I was going, so I got some good PRs.  The first time down I took 40 seconds off my previous record, which has been untouched for a little over a year.  All three runs were faster than than last year's time even though I felt completely dead on the third lap.  Most likely the wind had something to do with me being fast even while dead!  

I haven't run for two weeks.  My foot hasn't bothered me at all, but it's always hard to tell how it is without actually running.  I did go see an orthopedic surgeon on Monday.  X-rays didn't show anything, but I didn't expect them to.  I got a Rx for new orthotics, then went to the PT place and found out that I could have shown up at any time to make an appt to get my current ones re-done.  I wish I had known that months ago...if I had gotten them reworked for this foot months ago, it might not even be a problem anymore.  Oh well.  I am going in tomorrow for the orthotics.  Not sure if I will actually get my current ones reworked, or just pay for new ones.  I don't think they are supposed to last much more than a year, and I've had the current ones for longer than that.  I'm going to ask the PT if it would be better to just get new ones.  


fall colors today

afro-Pony

more fall colors

No comments:

Post a Comment