Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Monday, February 5, 2018

Meal Prep Monday : 2/5/18

Pasta, Meatballs, & Veggies!
Pasta & Meatballs has always been one of my favorite meals!  I remember it being my birthday meal of choice quite a few times when I was younger. I don't make meatballs too often anymore because they do take quite a bit of time to cook, but every now and then I start craving them and decide it's worth the time. 

I'm sharing with a friend this week, so I made 10 lunches for the workweek. 
Light amount of sauce for me, extra sauce for him.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pasta : 1 lb penne rigate, cooked, and covered in sauce from the meatballs. 

The meatballs : 1 lb 93/7 and 1 lb 90/10 ground beef, mixed with 2 eggs, 2 tbsp bread crumbs, garlic powder, 1 tbsp mustard, some basil and oregano.  Shaped into 33 balls. Cooked in 48 oz of Prego Hearty Mushroom tomato sauce for about 1.5 hrs.

The veggies : 3 large crowns of broccoli and 5 small carrots.  Chopped into bite-sized pieces and cooked in a skillet with some olive oil and garlic powder. 

There was enough pasta left for a small meal, and 2 meatballs.  (1 was eaten when I checked to see if they were done...)

No comments:

Post a Comment