Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Workout Wednesday : Circuit Training

This was the 15th circuit workout that I designed for my workout group at school.  In the 16 weeks I've been doing the class, I've only repeated a previous workout once, and that was because we were coming back from vacation and it seemed like a good time to revisit the beginning!  Each week when I design the workout, I do my best to find a new exercise to add, while also creating a good mix of previous exercises.  Other than starting with jumping jacks and ending with plank, I try not to repeat any exercises too many weeks in a row.  Gotta keep it interesting!



Each exercise was 50 seconds, except for the Side Plank which was 1:00, to allow 30 seconds on each side. The single-leg exercises were done 25 seconds on each leg (calf raises, lunge).

This week I had two new exercises and one modified exercise.  The new exercises were the hammer curls and the side crunches, and the modified exercise was the lunge with balance : I added the weight. 

Step backwards into the lunge, then drive back leg forward and up while raising the weight. Hold for a few seconds before stepping back into the lunge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment