Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Workout Wednesday : TRX atomic split pike

I was slacking on TRX along with exercise in general while I was dealing with tendonitis in my foot, but last week I kicked my butt into gear and got back to TRX.  While I was at it, I decided to try out a new move : the atomic split pike. 

Pikes have always been pretty hard on my back, but as I've been doing TRX semi-consistently for awhile now, they are finally starting to get a little bit easier.  Push-ups are also still a very weak exercise for me, so I was pretty proud of myself for pulling off these atomic pikes, plus the extra modification of the split!  You can see when I start fatiguing that I don't get my pike quite as high, and then I rally for a few and get that pike a bit higher again.


In other news, check out my new TRX space!  My gym membership expires this week, and I'm not going to renew it.  It was nice to be able to use the space in the gym occasionally, but too often my workouts there were accompanied by basketballs, volleyballs, or pickleballs flying at my head, so it just wasn't worth it.  It's hard to do TRX in my apartment because my doorways are all in corners which really limits my range of motion. This room at a friend's house is working out really well though!  It's so nice to have a door in the middle of the wall that I can use so that I have room to go side to side! 

No comments:

Post a Comment