Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Spicy Slaw

Something is wrong with that title...I don't like spicy!  But this is what happens when you add raw radishes to something...and use mustard for flavor.  oops.  I survived my taste-test forkful of this slaw...but I had to drink a bunch of water afterwards.  We'll see how I survive tomorrow's dose at lunchtime.  Maybe the mashed potatos will help relieve my burning taste buds.  It's so annoying being super-sensitive to spiciness...ugh.


Slaw
1/2 cabbage, finely chopped
2-3 sticks of celery, finely chopped
6 or 7 radishes, grated
2 medium carrots, grated

Sauce
I'm afraid to say exactly what I put in it...you might not want to know.  I kinda just threw together whatever caught my eye.

garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, oregano, dash of salt
      - (these are kitchen staples, I don't know how to make food without them!)
1/2 c ranch dressing
2-3 tbsp mustard
squirt of ketchup
1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar

Picture Time!

I'm getting good at chopping now that I have
a good chopping knife!


more cabbage

celery

radish time

I'm running out of space and I haven't added the carrots yet!

new bowl, more space

dry seasonings

the sauce

I'm very skeptical, and kind of afraid to try this slaw...like my scared face?

look, there's even a video of my amateur chopping skills
bonus points if you can name the song playing in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment