Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, November 11, 2012

BBQ Pork Tenderloin




Sunday is crock pot day!  Week 1 was ginger veggies & pork chops.  Week 2 was pot roast.  Week 3 is a pork tenderloin with veggies, cooked in apple cider and jack daniels bbq sauce.  I threw it all in the crockpot and then went to ride Pony.  My apartment smelled heavenly when I came home about 2 hours later.

The ride was great.  It was in the mid-60s today.  Felt like summer after the 20 degree weather we've been having.  I skipped the bridle today and just rode in a rope halter.  Brought a book along, rode out into the field, and let her eat grass while I sat on her back and read for about an hour.  Great way to spend the afternoon.  Pretty sure it was her favorite ride ever...she's normally not allowed to eat while I'm riding.  

Crock Pot BBQ Pork Tenderloin

1/4 c chopped onion
1/4 c chopped cabbage
4 small carrots, chopped
3/4 c bbq sauce
1 1/4 c apple cider
1 lb pork tenderloin

Put the pork in the bottom of the crock pot.  Throw the veggies on top.  Mix together the bbq sauce and cider, then pour it over the meat & veggies.  Cook on high for 4:20.  

I turned the crock pot to warm after 4:20 and left it for a couple hours until dinner.  Then I made some baked ranch mac n cheese to go with it.  Yumminess. 






No comments:

Post a Comment