Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Beer-Batter Pork Tenders


It was one of those days...where I was so exhausted by the time I got home from school, I couldn't even begin to think about putting on running shoes and dragging myself out for a run.  So I parked on the couch with a book (something I don't get to do nearly often enough).  Then, I started thinking about dinner.  And about how maybe playing in the kitchen could turn my day around.  

I had some pork chops in the fridge that I needed to cook tonight.  I was going to bread and fry them on the stovetop, but then I decided that it has been awhile since I made beer batter.  So I grabbed a Guinness out of the fridge and made beer batter.  I think the arm workout I got while whipping the egg white made up for my lack of a run today.  Beer Batter recipe here.  (except this time I used Guinness, and used little enough of it that I only needed a scant 1/2 c of the white flour)

I cut the pork into strips, covered them in beer batter, and dropped them into a pot of hot olive oil.  I also beer-battered some mushrooms I had lying in the fridge.  


the egg white actually got stiff before I gave up...






beer-batter mushrooms & pork
pasta with spinach, asparagus, and sun-dried tomato alfredo


No comments:

Post a Comment