Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Getting back to normal

It's been awhile since I actually ran 6 days in one week!  Glad to be getting back into a normal routine though.  I'm not quite ready for a 40 mile week yet, but I'm getting there.  I'm not going to rush it, after the last few weeks.  I'm coming back as slow as I need to, but as quickly as I am able.

This week:
M: 5.56 / 40:42 / 7:19
T: 2.3 / 20:18 / 8:49 with FB*
W: 6.75 / 53:00 / 7:51 
R: 4.7 / 32:36 / 6:56 
F: 6.3 / 46:36 / 7:23 with Josh
Sa: off
Su: 5.84 / 45:05 / 7:43
total : 31.45

* This was the 3rd week in a row that I jogged with one of my 5th grade girls on Tuesday.  This was the first week that it was just the two of us.  I didn't have as much free time after school as usual, so I decided we would skip the trail and just run around town.  It was her first run with hills.  I avoided the steeper/longer hills, but there's no way to avoid hills entirely in this town!  She did great, the hills didn't bother her at all.  I'm looking forward to running with her every week, and looking forward to watching her get stronger and faster.  She did the Greenbrier River Race as part of a family team last weekend, and she completed the run in 26 minutes! After I finished I jogged back until I found her and ran next to her for the final stretch.  
I was super proud of her finish!


I caught this reflection in my water glass last night.  
It's my three railroad spike trophies from the past 3 years at the Blue Ridge 1/2.  
Coolest trophies ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment