Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Springtime

I'm so unbelievably glad that spring has finally arrived!  Spring was in full glory in Roanoke when I was there for the Blue Ridge 1/2 two weeks, ago, but as soon as I drove over the border back into West Virginia, everything was brown.  Many trees are still struggling to burst into green, but by now, there are flowers in bloom everywhere, and the weather has been warm, sunny, and beautiful.


These yellow flowers in the field by the barn are so bright and pretty.

And pony has been shedding like crazy!  I was going to clip her this year like I did last year, but she has shedded out so fast I don't need to!


She's the best.  And she's being super-sweet this year!  Usually, any time there is grass in her field, she runs away from me and I can't catch her without help.  This year, she is actually choosing to walk up to me, rather than run the other direction.  It's awesome, after years of frustration with her running away.  


The only downside to spring this year?  Allergies.  I was allergy-free for my first 3 years in WV, but last year my allergies were terrible, and this year they are again.  Thankfully, Zyrtec is some kind of a miracle drug, and as long as I take it in the morning, I'm fine for the rest of the day.  The first couple days of allergies before I realized I needed to go buy some Zyrtec were no fun. It was very disappointing when I realized I was allergic to brushing my horse!  Thank goodness I don't have to worry about that anymore.  Maybe next spring I will remember to start taking the allergy meds before I end up sick...



No comments:

Post a Comment