Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Cream Cheese Cookies


I went to a crawfish boil today and needed something to bring.  It seems that cookies are my go-to thing to bring at this point, because they are so quick and easy and there are so many possibilities.  Also, because it is one of the only things that I always have ingredients for...

So I took out the butter and threw it in the mixer to soften for a bit, and noticed the cream cheese I had in the fridge, that needed to be used before it turned all sorts of pretty shades of blue and green.  So I decided to substitute cream cheese for the vegetable oil I usually put in cookies.  I'm not sure exactly how much cream cheese I used, but it looked like a bit more than the amount of butter I used, so I'm going to guess 5 or 6 tbsp.

One of the best things about these cookies (other than the fact that they taste good) is that they hold their shape really well while baking.  I hate it when my cookies spread really thin in the oven.  I always chill the dough before baking it, which helps, but every now and then it fails.  These cookies held their shape so well, the first batch was burning on the edges before the center cooked.  So, I smashed the cookies on the second tray before baking them.

The cookies come out with more of a cake-y texture than a cookie texture.  
Perfectly soft, chewy, and yummy.

Cream Cheese Cookies

1/2 stick butter
5-6 oz cream cheese
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/2 c wheat flour
3/4 c flour
mini chocolate chips

bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes





No comments:

Post a Comment