Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Not the high mileage week I had planned...

I had all sorts of delusions about getting some long runs in before race week.  But then I wore the *wrong pair of shoes on Tuesday, and a muscle in my calf started hurting. So, trying to be a responsible athlete, I took Wednesday off.  It felt fine, so Thursday I put on my best pair of running shoes and went for a run.  Halfway through, it started hurting again.  Much as I hate taking time off for injuries, (and usually don't take nearly as much time off as I should), I then took the next THREE days off.  Not happy about this with a race next Sunday...but oh well.  What can ya do?  It seems that something always interferes with training in the week or two before a race.  Sometimes it's the weather, sometimes it's an ache or pain.  Somehow I always manage to race well anyway.  So I've about stopped caring what happens once it comes down to the wire.  If I don't already have the training under my belt, there's not much I can do about it now!

Today it occurred to me that instead of being lazy and doing nothing on the days I didn't run, I should have biked.  So today I took the bike to the river trail and biked 16 miles.  I did every other mile a bit faster, averaging about 3:40 per mile on the faster miles and 4:25 on the slower ones.

This week:
M: 5.56 / 40:31 / 7:17
T: 4.7 / 36:25 / 7:44
W: off
R: 4.7 / 34:35 / 7:21
F: off
Sa: off
Su: BIKE 16.05 / 1:04:46 / 14.87 mph
total miles (running) : 14.96


No comments:

Post a Comment