Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, August 24, 2014

11 miles this week!

Slowly making my way back to a normal running schedule.  Last week was 135.9 bike miles and 6.2 run miles.  This week was 116.4 bike miles and 11.2 run miles.  My legs have been working overtime for two weeks and I definitely felt it during today's 23.4 mile bike ride.  That, combined with the fact that I forgot my inhaler before the ride, made for a very not-fun ride today.  My 2 mile run after the ride felt surprisingly good though, I'll credit that to the inhaler dose I got in between the ride and run.

This was my last week for awhile where I was able to find some afternoons during the week to leave work early for my bike rides.  Starting tomorrow, I will probably never be home much before 3:45.  The few afternoons this week that I did bike that late, I found it really difficult, because I'm used to biking right after a meal, not right before a meal.  I might have to start eating two dinners on bike days, one before I bike, and one after.  Running late in the day is much easier for me than biking, so while I'm trying to be careful not to overdo it, I'm hoping I can get my running miles up soon so that I can stop trying to bike long distances after work.  Eventually I want to be able to save rides for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment