Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Making Progress

So far so good! I have been running every 2 or 3 days, and the foot feels pretty good. I have been doing a pretty flat loop, usually 2 miles, but today I added just a little bit extra. ( it turned out to only be an extra .2 miles... I thought it would be a little longer than that) My first 3 runs were increasingly faster, with the third at a crazy 6:39 pace.  I was all warmed up from a bike ride and that's how fast my legs wanted to go. My lungs were struggling hard to keep up. Today's jog after a 40.5 mile bike ride was considerably slower. Again, my lungs were dying. I'm not sure when I'm going to start adding hills, but I can tell it's going to be rough when I do. Still hoping my lungs will figure it out and start working again soon!

In biking news, after 2 low mileage weeks to help my back recover from the Wheels of Hope ride, I had my highest-ever mileage this week, with 135 miles. I had 3 rides of 30 or more miles this week, which was also new. Not sure what's going to happen to my exercise routines when school starts this week. I find biking after a long day of work to be much harder than runing. Running always re-energized me. Biking requires so much more energy and calories, I don't see myself getting in 20-30 miles after a day at school. Hopefully it will work out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment