Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, September 21, 2014

2 ten-milers in 1 week!

I think the best thing biking did for me (other than saving me from a summer of no exercise, of course) is that it got me accustomed to exercising for longer periods of time each day.  Right now I am running fewer times per week than I used to, but my average distance per run is longer.

I feel distance-ready for a half marathon now, but I still feel far from race-ready.  I don't know how long it is going to take to get my lungs in shape for racing, but I sense that it is going to be a long while.  I'm still on the fence about the Beckley 1/2.  Since the early-registration deadline has passed, I guess I don't have to decide until the day before.

Today I added mountain climbs to my run for the first time since I started running again.  I didn't try to push the pace at all during the run, just kept a jog.  I was crawling up the climbs, but I felt pretty good.  I was never tempted to walk, so I'll call it a win.

This Week's Runs
M : 10
R : 5.3
Su : 10.1
total : 25.4

I am finding that the fewer times I ride per week, the better I feel during those rides.  Now that I am running again, I can ride 3 times a week instead of 6, and ride more miles on each ride.  My back is feeling a lot better now that I'm not torturing it every day.  On Friday, I switched out my pedals for "big-girl" pedals...I'm clipping in now.  I've had people trying to talk me into it for awhile, but the idea of having my feet glued to the pedals kind of freaks me out.  It still makes me really nervous, but I guess if I'm going to be serious about the biking thing it's a step I had to make eventually.  Friday's ride was short, just trying to get used to the feeling of having pedals stuck to my feet.  I didn't crash, so that was a plus.  

This Week's Rides
W : 22.6
F : 9.1
Sa : 29.5
total : 61.1

No comments:

Post a Comment