Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, May 17, 2015

2 weeks, a month, how about 10 days?

Taking time off from running can be so hard, especially when the weather is so nice!  Thursday was absolutely gorgeous and warm.  I didn't have time for a decent bike ride between school and the school variety show, but there was plenty of time for a good run.  It had been at least 6 days since I had felt any discomfort in my foot, so I decided it would be ok to go for a run.  I had taken a full 10 days off from running.  Not quite the 2 week minimum I had tried to hold myself to...but oh well.  It felt so good to run!  There was some discomfort in my foot during the run, but I'm not to worried about it.  I'm not about to go full time back into running yet, but I do think I will try to run every few days and see how it goes.

Runs/Rides This Week
M : 21.6 bike
T :  18 bike
R : 6 run
F : 23.7 bike w/Byron
Sa : 36 bike
total miles run : 6
total miles bike : 99.5

I'm feeling pretty good about the biking right now.  It is a little bit frustrating as I try to get back to the shape I was in at the end of the summer, but I'm hopeful I can get it back soon.  My back was my biggest problem with biking last summer, and so far it is holding up pretty well.  During Saturday's ride, my tired legs were a bigger problem than any back pain I was having.  I'm not used to my legs getting so fatigued during a ride, last year my back was always in awful pain long before my legs had any trouble.  

beautiful view from Saturday's ride




No comments:

Post a Comment