Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Monday, October 10, 2016

Back to Lewisburg for some longer runs

Hooray for being over 30 miles per week for the 3rd week in a row!  And...on Sunday I hit 1000 miles so far for the year!  After 2 injury-induced sub 1000 mile years, I'm super excited that I hit 1000 for this year and still have almost 3 months to get even more by the end of the year.

I'm also happy to have managed 3 long(er) runs this week.  At this point I think I'm calling anything 7 miles or more "long"  but hopefully soon 7-8 will be more the norm for most runs.  I wasn't sure how Tuesday's group run would go with the faster group since I hadn't taken any days off after my race, but it ended up going pretty well.  I talked the 2 guys that showed up into running roads instead of the  boring/flat Creeper Trail, and we ended up having a great run with quite a few unplanned hills.  I enjoyed them more than the guys did, but they certainly weren't easy.  Short, steep, and painful.  But I didn't mind, just because they were a break from the flat!

I was supposed to run on Wednesday, but really just didn't feel like it after work.  I had planned to take Thursday off to drive to Lewisburg after work, so after debating the run for awhile, I told myself I had to either run on Wednesday, or get up early to run Thursday morning.  I guess I really did need Wednesday off because I decided I'd rather get up early Thursday.  It was only about 50 degrees for my early morning run, but after going easy for the first 2 miles, I was able to pick up to a pretty nice pace for the second half.  My hands did get a bit numb from the cold, it looks like I'll have to break out the gloves soon...

On Friday morning in Lewisburg it was cold and rainy, but I was determined to get a longer run in.  I had originally hoped for something like 12+, but I scrapped that idea due to the weather.  I ended up running until my knee started to complain, which was around 8.5, and then I headed back to the house.  Sunday was even colder, but at least it was nice and sunny out, so I had another good run.

This week : 
M : 4.2 / 8:04 / 230 ft
T : 7.3 / 7:59 / 597 ft
R : 4 / 8:19 / 217 ft
F : 9.2 / 8:28 / 994 ft
Su : 8 / 7:52 / 502 ft
horse ride 1:28
total miles : 32.8

Here are some elevation profiles...just for fun. 

10-4 


10-7


10-9



And now for some photos from the ride on Sunday and taking Franka to visit Pony today. 

Not only is Pony actually walking towards me in the field instead of running away, she is also mellow on rides now...I don't even need to hold the reins half the time.  I am loving my mellow Pony!  
Here we are walking along perfectly calmly.  No need to steer. 

Windblown but having a great time!



Feeding Pony a treat...I think she liked it?

No comments:

Post a Comment