Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Grandview 3/18/2018

We spent the weekend in Lewisburg to run the Celtic Knot 5k and celebrate St. Patrick's Day at the Irish Pub (after 9 years of St Patrick's days at that pub, how could I spend the 10th anywhere else?!)  The weather was really nasty (freezing rain) for the 5k, but Coby finished in 21:00 and I was about 1 second behind...I just can't outsprint him! 

The weather was gorgeous and warmish today so on our way out of town we stopped to say hi to Pony, and then we decided to stop at Grandview on the New River Gorge to check out the view.  It has been on my list of places to check out since I drive by it every time I go back and forth between Abingdon and Lewisburg, but I hadn't ever gotten around to it!  The trees are all still pretty dead looking, but the view was still pretty awesome and we enjoyed a short hike along the canyon rim before getting back in the car to finish the drive home.  I didn't have my cameras with me, but my phone camera is pretty decent.










No comments:

Post a Comment