Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Monday, March 12, 2018

Meal Prep Monday : 3/12/18

Turkey Meatballs, Corn Bread, & Broccoli


The Meatballs : Combine 2 lb ground turkey, 2 eggs, bread crumbs, and seasonings to taste. (I used garlic powder, mustard powder, ginger powder, and basil.)  I only had a scant 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs left, but the mixture ended up pretty wet, so I'd recommend using 1/2 cup or more--add 1/4 cup at a time until the mixture doesn't seem too wet anymore. Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes, until 160 internal temperature is reached. 
*If you have a wire rack that you can put under your meatballs inside your baking pan, I would recommend it!  I do not have a wire rack that fits, and my meatballs were swimming in some kind of fatty gravy when they came out of the oven.  I'm glad I lined the pan with foil for easier clean-up! I removed the meatballs promptly and set them on paper towels to soak up the extra liquid. 


The Corn Bread : Melt 2 tbsp butter and combine with 1 c milk and 1 egg.  Add 2.5 tsp baking powder, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1 tbsp sugar.  Mix in 3/4 c flour, then mix in 1.25 c corn meal.  You don't need to over-stir.  Portion out into a 12-muffin pan, and bake at 425 for 25 minutes. I used my silicone muffin cups so that I can put the corn bread in the same container as the rest of the meal and not worry about it getting soggy. 
I bought these silicone baking cups years ago and only just today actually used them for the first time!  I'll definitely try to start using them more now that they have finally made 
their way out of the box!  


The Broccoli : Chop 3 carrots and steam them in a large skillet with 2 lbs fresh broccoli crowns.  I put a bit of olive oil in the bottom of the pan, and then added 1/2 c water since the broccoli was fresh instead of frozen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment