Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Garlic Galore (how to have bad breath for a week)

I love garlic.  At least, I think I do.  At some point, I seem to have lost the ability to taste or smell it.  Common reactions when people eat my food are
"Wow, there's a lot of garlic in this"
"Like garlic?"
"This is really garlicky"

It would be so much easier for me to use an appropriate amount of garlic if I could taste/smell it for myself...

Or if I bothered to measure.

This is where I am getting my garlic from at the moment, although I'm also a huge fan of garlic powder.
Now, a sensible person would probably grab a spoon, put it in the jar, take out a little bit of garlic, and add it to the food.  Somehow, I'm too lazy to grab a spoon.  I prefer gently shaking garlic straight from the jar onto the food.  The result?  About 10xs more garlic than needed to add garlic-flavor to a meal.



Maybe next time I won't be so lazy...
Good thing I was cooking for myself last night, not sure anyone else could have survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment