Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spinach Hummus

Delightfully green, and rather tasty.  (says someone who doesn't really, actually, like hummus)

This recipe saw the debut of my new food processor...and let's just say I'm so glad I bought it!  Last time I made hummus I tried to use my blender, which is so old and dull it did absolutely nothing.  So I had to use a fork, and a potato masher, and a fork again...it took forever, and the hummus was still super lumpy.  This time: nice and smooth :)

Chop 2 cups of fresh, raw, spinach leaves.  Cook 1 15oz can of chick peas, add the chick peas to the spinach, and some of the juice.  I put in about 10 tsp at first, and then added some more after I mixed it for awhile.  Add more or less depending on how thick you want your hummus.  Add about a tsp of minced garlic.  Add seasonings to taste.  I added garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, and salt.
(and for the record...I use garlic so much I can hardly taste or smell it anymore...)

chop everything up in the food processor until it's smooth.  You might have to stir a couple of times. 
makes almost 2 cups of hummus.

the finished hummus


triscuits w/hummus and colby/monterey jack cheese and strawberries



No comments:

Post a Comment