Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Insanity Cookies/Bars

Named for the vast multitude of extra ingredients I added to the standard chocolate-chip cookie recipe.

note: strange ingredient amounts are due to the fact that I cut the original recipe in half. 
ingredients listed in the order I add them to the bowl

1 egg, beaten
1 stick butter*, melted (I don't have a mixer...this is the easiest way to make sure the butter gets blended in)
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp milled flax seed
1/2 c quick oats
3/4 tsp vanilla
1.25 c flour (I added a little bit extra flour since I made bars instead of cookies)
approx. 1/3 of an 11 oz bag of butterscotch chips (sorry...I didn't measure them, I just poured them into the bowl til it looked like a good amount...)

* sometimes I use 1/2 stick butter and 1/4 c vegetable oil, instead of a whole stick of butter

cookies: bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes
bars: bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment