Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Monday, July 25, 2011

Foccaccia

It's time for another Merry Monday simple recipe!

I just made this for the second time a few days ago, sooo good.  Quicker and easier than the loaves of bread I make (which are also quick and easy... here's a recipe for that)

1 pkg yeast
1 c hot water ( I microwave tap water for 1 min)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
herbs (oregano is my favorite, I also use garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, basil, and sometimes tarragon or rosemary)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 3/4 cup flour (add last)

I stir everything together with a wooden spoon, when it gets thick I knead it.  Cover with a towel, stick it somewhere warm, rise for 20 min

Grease a 9x9 pan with some olive oil and stick it in the oven at 450 for about 15 min. 

You can even press some shredded cheese into the bread before you stick it in the oven.


Great next to some soup, or slice a chunk in half and make a sandwich!  Yummy.

Sandwich and soup!  and chips and guac...of course...


1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! Andy's on a big bread-baking kick; maybe he'll try this soon!

    ReplyDelete