Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mouth-watering Carrot-Zucchini Cake

I got my guidelines from this recipe.  Then, being me, I changed it. Of course.

First of all, no way did I want to make that much cake.  So I cut the recipe in half. 

2 eggs
5/8 c vegetable oil
3/4 c sugar
(according to the recipe, it should have been 1 c...but I don't like sugar...)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c flour
(according to the recipe, it should have been 1 c...but I figured with less sugar I should add more of something else.  And I didn't precisely measure...it is highly possible that I put in more than 1 1/4 c)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
(I just poured a little bit in my hand...may have been more than 1/4)
1 heaping tsp cinnamon
"1 1/2 c" grated carrot and zucchini
(definitely didn't measure that either...2 larg-ish carrots and 1 medium sized zucchini)

I used a fork to beat everything together in a glass bowl.  Poured it into a greased 9x9 pan.  Put it into the 350 degree preheated oven (Which was at 325 when I put it in...stupid oven.  I turned it up to 375 and I think that got it to 350.)  Set the timer for 45 min, but thankfully checked after 30 min because it was DONE!  If I had waited til 45 minutes were up it would have been burned.  And that would have been tragic. 


yeah...I took a bite first


 where has the cake gone?

I'm totally eating a second piece right now...it's that good.


No comments:

Post a Comment