Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Basil-Chocolate Cheesecake

Not a bad idea flavor-wise...but I need to stop trying to take shortcuts when I bake. 

It's not a good idea to try and make a cheesecake in a hurry.  But I tried anyway.  I am fairly certain that this cheesecake would have been perfect if I had taken my time and done it correctly: as in, let the cream cheese get to room temperature before I messed with it.

Starting with cold cream cheese means that even though I used a handheld mixer instead of the fork I usually use for mixing, I still ended up with lumps.  And lumpy cheesecake is...strange. But the flavor was good.


Basil-Chocolate Cheesecake

16 oz cream cheese
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c plain yogurt
2 eggs 
1/2 tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 tbsp flour
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c mini chocolate chips
small handful of basil leaves, chopped finely


Pour into a graham cracker crust and bake at 350 for 40 minutes














lil messy getting it out of the pan after less than a day in the fridge...
but tonight's slice, a day or two later, came out in one piece




No comments:

Post a Comment