Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Thursday, July 19, 2012

SB&J Pancake

Good morning!  I feel like I should be posting more often since it's summer and I technically have more time to cook...but I don't really have more time.  And when I do have time, it's often too hot to contemplate standing in front of a hot stove and/or oven.  I tried cooking with the A/C on one day, but I had so many things running at once it tripped the circuit breaker.  Oops.  Somehow I frequently forget that the circuit just can't handle the A/C and the microwave at the same time.  Plus my computer, and the toaster, and whatever else I happened to be using at the time.

I recently made the decision to run the Charleston Distance Run on Sept. 1.  It's a tough 15 miler, and around here they say you aren't a true distance runner until you've done it. Plus, it's got some pretty sweet cash prizes.  My goal is to finish in the top 5, but that will probably mean running my fastest half-marathon pace...and then continuing it for another 2 miles.  So we'll see.  But I'm in full-on training mode now.  And since it's summer, and its ridiculously hot out, I'm sweating out all the calories my body needs to get me through a run.  So I'm also trying to cram as much carbs and protein as possible into every meal.  Gotta have something for my body to burn during runs...other than the little bit of muscle I have and would like to keep to power me up those hills.

So, breakfast this morning: SB&J Pancake.  It's basically my classic breakfast pancake...on steroids.



The Normal Breakfast Pancake:
1 egg
1/4 c berry juice
2 tbsp milled flax seed
1/4 c quick oats
c. 1/2 c bisquick
1/3 c chocolate chips

Today's Additions:
19g (1/2 scoop) chocolate whey protein powder

The Normal Pancake Topping:
Pumpkin butter or preserves of some sort

Today's Toppings:
Sun-Butter* & Red Raspberry Preserves

*Sun-Butter is a new find...a friend recommended it. It's like Peanut Butter, but made from sunflower seeds. I'm not totally sold on it, it's kind of bland.  But I'll finish up the jar at least.







No comments:

Post a Comment