Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pasta w/ Ginger-Carrot Sauce


Now that I've started eating the ginger that comes with my sushi, I've decided it's time to introduce my kitchen to ginger.  I like finding new things once in awhile, to change things up a bit.  
Also, ginger is super good for you.
I'm always looking for ways to incorporate more super foods into my diet.

Ginger-Carrot Sauce
c. 1 sq. inch ginger root, peeled/chopped
1/2 carrot, chopped
small bit of vidalia onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped

Saute the above ingredients in a pan with some bacon grease until soft, then
combine in a food processor with olive oil.



Check out my new food processor!  Desperately hoping this one lasts longer than my last one...it sadly died after only a month or two.

I mixed my ginger-carrot sauce with some angel-hair pasta, and ate it with green beans and chicken breast.

yum.



No comments:

Post a Comment